split datafile

Gerlich, Rene Rene.Gerlich at commerzbank.com
Wed Jun 4 11:23:48 CDT 2003

G'Day everyone!

I am using gnucash for over a year now for my personal accounting. Since it
grew quite complex over time (I have approx 250 accounts in the tree) the
data file is now almost 4MB in size. This causes gnucash to take quite some
time to load and generate reports.

Even though I had rather leave everything in a single file I am thinking
about spliting it into years. As far as i know, there is no such feature (i
use 1.6.x) build in. has anyone ever automated this? i recon separating the
data is basically deleting all transactions prior or after a certain date.

it would however be nice if there was some way to automatically migrate
asset and liability opening balances.

any ideas? thanks for your input!

cheers

rene