[linas@linas.org: Re: Gnucash on macosx]

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 13 11:10:26 CDT 2003

Because fink is stupid.  gnucash depends on a bunch of packages, but
only uses limited features of those packages.  However, fink doesn't
know that.  So if gnucash uses A, and A used B, and B uses python.....
fink needs to bring in python.

Gnome is a bing honking mass, but it's required for gnucash.  Gnome alone
is a major fraction of the dependencies.

Even with a 30G drive, you should have plenty of space to install gnucash
and all its dependencies.

-derek