GnuCash 1.8.1 imports splits *backwards* ?

Brian GnuCashList at increa.com
Mon Jun 9 23:25:47 CDT 2003

Subject: GnuCash 1.8.1 reverses split inputs from Quicken 2002
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Date: 2003-06-08 23:08:41 PST

I guess the title says it all.  Is this a bug?

I did a .qif export of all my accounts, 3 years
of data, from Quicken 2002.  Things appear to have
gone well except every single split transaction
has the reverse effect it's suppose to.

For instance, when I get a paycheck, I split money
to fed taxes, state taxes, etc, and let the remainder
add to the checking account balance.  But GnuCash
*reduces* the balance with each such transaction.

A paid phone bill decreases the balance, as it's
suppose to.  But a phone bill split against personal
and business accounts increases the checking balance.

If this is a bug, it's a *big* bug on the import
routine.  If I'm doing something stupid, could you
please give me a clue?

All the best,