pkg gnucash version 1.6.8-1

Garrick Leonard c-qube at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jun 13 21:00:44 CDT 2003

Hello.

Here is my problem:

[localhost:~] garrickl% sudo fink install gnucash
Information about 1387 packages read in 1 seconds.

pkg gnucash  version ###
pkg gnucash  version 1.6.8-1

fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual dependency.
The
candidates:

(1)  guppi16-shlibs: Framework for graphing and interactive data analysis
(2)  guppi-shlibs: Framework for graphing and interactive data analysis

Pick one: [1]
The following package will be installed or updated:
  gnucash
The following 2 additional packages will be installed:
  guppi16-dev guppi16-shlibs
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
curl -f -L -O
ftp://ftp.cse.buffalo.edu/pub/Gnome/stable/sources/Guppi/Guppi-0.40.3.tar.
gz
curl: (10) the username and/or the password are incorrect
### execution of curl failed, exit code 10
Downloading the file "Guppi-0.40.3.tar.gz" failed.

(1)  Give up
(2)  Retry the same mirror
(3)  Retry another mirror from your continent
(4)  Retry another mirror

How do you want to proceed? [3] 1
Failed: file download failed for Guppi-0.40.3.tar.gz of package
guppi16-0.40.3-1
[localhost:~] garrickl%

As you can see I have trouble getting guppi.

Commands I have tried:

sudo fink install guppi16-dev
sudo fink install guppi16-shlibs
sudo apt-get install guppi16-dev
sudo apt-get install guppi16-shlibs

and again with guppi replacing guppi16.

All have failed.

Question:  if I downloade the tar.gz file mentioned in the curl command
above can someone give me instructions to get gnucash to compile.

cheers
garrick