Installing GNUCASh 1.8.4 on RedHat Linux.

Charles Denentt dennett at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jun 18 13:00:15 CDT 2003

> Hi,
>
> "Binod Prdhan" <zyxel at info.com.np> writes:
>
> > Dear all,
> >    i'm trying to install 1.8.4 on red hat Linux.  I'm unable to make
> > guile1.3.4. Can any body send me the details on installtion of
> > dependicies. The one on that README doesn't seems to be fine.
>
> What version of Red Hat?  You need to download the specific versions
> of GnuCash, g-wrap, and other gnucash-related RPMs that were built for
> your SPECIFIC version of Red Hat.  GnuCash ships versions for RH 7.x
> and RH 8.  For RH9 you can go to people.redhat.com/notting/gnucash/
>
> You _MUST_ use the correct packages for your specific RH version.

Sorry for the blank previous reply.  Hit the wrong darn button.

For whatever it's worth, here's how I got 1.8.4 installed on my new RH 9 system
last week.

The RH 9 CDs have gnucash 1.8.1 already on them.  So, I pulled up the package installer tool and installed it from there.  Doing it that way took care of
also installing the other required packages.  Then, by looking at past messages
from this list, I found one where someone said they had made the 1.8.4 rpm
and placed it online.  I don't recall exactly where it came from (I'm not
at my machine at the moment).  So, I grabbed that one and upgraded the gnucash
package by using the -U option of rpm.

It runs fine but I still need to figure out if I should transfer all my
data from MS Money or start from scratch.

Charlie Dennett