Scheduled Transactions

Nigel Titley nigel at titley.com
Fri Jun 20 12:30:45 CDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 18:42, Jack Kirstein wrote:
> In a recent post, it was mentioned that:
>
> > Scheduled Transactions are majorly broken.
> >
> > -derek
>
> However, I've seen in other posts that say that SX's are mostly working.
>
> Could someone please give a concise report of what is known to be
> working/broken in SX?
>
> Please don't assume I'm complaining in any way here. I'm just wondering
> what functionality is safe to use and what isn't.

I'm a heavy user of SX and it largely works. Having said that there are
some fairly heavily broken bits that I've developed habits of avoiding.
The worst one is the habit of the SX transaction editor of doing the
wrong thing when you type "enter" to enter a line of a split. The split
amount gets filled with garbage. You can correct this on the screen, but
the transaction gets saved with garbage in it and this then causes the
"infinite loop on loading" bug. The workaround is always to click the
"Enter" button to enter a split line rather than using the "enter" key
on the keyboard. This is a habit I've got into, so this bug doesn't hit
me (much) any more.

Nigel

--
This mess is so big and so deep and so tall, we cannot pick it up,
there is no way at all." The Cat in the Hat.