SQL Querry used for views

George Osvald mail at okstudio.com.au
Thu Jun 26 09:34:24 CDT 2003

I remember someone once told me I could use my existing SQL queries to view my
accounts. I believe I could incorporate queries I use at the moment to create
Australian BAS and also manipulate my inventory. That way I could add
functions that I require without making any changes to the software ( I am
not a programmer so I could not do that anyway).
I would leave my GST credits as a liability that would be brought back to zero
every quarter by making a deposit in my assets account.

Is this possible?

Ps: We had a lot of heated discussions about GST lately and a main problem I
see is that people are looking at it as a regular tax which it is not (not in
Australia anyway). It is simply a liability that has to be sorted out and
reported every quarter. Then depending on the portion of exports in my income
I either pay or get a refund. That's where GST ends. It does not have to be
dealt with at the end of financial year (other than the last BAS).

George Osvald
OK Studio
http://www.okstudio.com.au
Email: mail at okstudio.com.au