configure: error: Cannot find ltdl.h -- libtool-devel not installed?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Jun 28 22:32:39 CDT 2003

Raijmond Keulen <raijmond.keulen at iroctech.com> writes:

> Hello,
> I tried to configure the latest version "gnucash-1.8.4" on my
> sun-ultrasparc-solaris 8 with gnome 2.0 installed.
> But the script exits after the following 2 lines:
> checking for ltdl.h... no
> configure: error: Cannot find ltdl.h -- libtool-devel not installed?

This means you don't have the "libtool library" installed..
Pull down libtool-1.4.3 and build it, then point your configure
at the install tree where libltdl was installed.

> Other question: (I didn't check the archive for this one)
> Is it possible to use GNUCash on a MS-Windows machine? (maybe with cygwin?).

Not quite yet.  Someone claimed to be working on it, but has not
succeeded, yet.