Invoices, etc.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 1 11:26:13 CST 2003

Boris Goldowsky <boris at alum.mit.edu> writes:

> I'm trying to make use of the new invoicing and accounts-payable
> features.  A few questions that don't seem to be covered in the help:
>
>   - Is there any way to put my name, company, address, etc at the top
> of each invoice?  As generated they are rather anonymous.

File -> Properties -> Business

However there appears to be a bug in GtkHTML in that it doesn't print
the name properly.

>   - I did figure out, though "Edit - Style Sheets..." how to put a
> logo at the top, but is there any way to control the size?  The image
> I used ended up either being huge on the screen, or tiny on the
> printer.

Sorry, no clue.

>   - Having entered and edited the invoice a few times, now it will no
> longer show up in search (I get no results searching either on "Is
> Posted?  is   set true"   or "Is Posted?  is not   set true").  Known
> bug or am I more likely doing something wrong?

Did you, perhaps, click off the "active" button?  Have you tried to
search for all invoices?

>   - Is there any way to get from the line in the accounts receivable
> register directly to edit the invoice, or does one have to go through
> invoice search?

You need to either go through the invoice search, or you can run a
"register report" on A/R and then click from there.  There was no way
hook in a "link" from the register to the invoice editor.

>   - Can someone just explain what these fields in the Accounts
> Receivable register are?  "T", "Ref", and "P".

T: Type ('I'nvoice or 'P'ayment)
Ref: the Invoice Reference (this is the "invoice id")
P: I believe I meant this to be "paid".  It's the 'reconciled' flag
   from a normal interface

> Thanks very much for any insight, and as always, many thanks to the
> developers!

you're very welcome :)

> Boris

-derke