Opening 1.8.1 file in 1.6.6

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 1 15:31:01 CST 2003

Joel Konkle-Parker <jjk3 at msstate.edu> writes:

> > Don't edit the XML by hand.  Use gnucash 1.8 to remove the data.
> > Frankly, I don't know what actual XML needs to be removed -- I try
> > not to think about that.
>
> Ugh. That would require me to install 1.8.1, including all the
> 'unstable' dependencies, including gcc3.2, glibc6 2.2, and all kinds
> of other stuff.

Just installing the binary shouldn't require all those other
dependencies...  As I said, the only real dependency that gnucash-1.8
has beyond the deps of gnucash-1.6 is an upgraded g-wrap.  If the
pre-built 1.8 package pulls in a bunch of other deps, then I'd
recommend you pull down all the build-deps for gnucash-1.6, then
upgrade g-wrap and gnucash from source".