Forward planning using reports

Conrad Canterford conrad at mail.watersprite.com.au
Tue Mar 4 00:29:52 CST 2003

On Sun, 2003-03-02 at 06:06, Steven A.McIntosh wrote:
> In quicken I can see the amount of money that I will have in say two months.
> It does this by calculating all the scheduled transaction for that period,
> and displaying in a bar graph.
> This allows me to see instantly if the figures are going to go into the red
> in the months ahead and allow me to adjust my cash flow accordingly.
> Can this be done in v1.8.1

If I understand what you are after properly, I think the answer is "not
yet". That's one of the budgeting features that are planned if and as
the developer concerned gets time. May happen for 2.0, but don't hold
your breath (it will depend a lot on how long it takes us to get 2.0
ready for release, as much as anything else).
You *CAN* set scheduled transactions to instantiate some period in
advance, which would allow you to see this in the register window, and
that may be sufficient for your needs. Its not quite the same thing
though.

Conrad.
--
Conrad Canterford  (conrad at mail.watersprite.com.au)