Invoice posted to placeholder account

Chris Bare chris at ariescomputing.com
Tue Mar 4 12:29:10 CST 2003

I have my accounts receivables account set up as a placeholder account
with several sub accounts. I noticed yesterday that I was able to post
an invoice to the top-level placeholder.
I assume this is a bug, but wanted to confirm that before I enter a bug
report.

Also, the window that displays the AR list is very small, so if you have
a setup like I do it is impossible to distinguish the various
sub-accounts without scrolling. When you streach the window wide, the
margins just get bigger. Should a put in a seperate enhancement request
related to that?

Finally, is there a way to set the default account that invoices post
to, or does it just use the first AR account.

This is the second month that I've used gnucash to run my small business
and I have to say I'm very pleased. The invoicing still has some rough
edged, but handles the basics quite well. I'm also able to dowload and
import my bank and credit card statements which savs a ton of time.
Thanks again to all who have contributed to this project.

--
Chris Bare
chris at ariescomputing.com