Invoice posted to placeholder account

Chris Bare chris at ariescomputing.com
Tue Mar 4 16:29:50 CST 2003

> That would be a bug, however see below for why this shouldn't occur in
> normal operation.  Also note that you you can make your parent account
> be an "Asset" and then you wont have this problem.

Great, that worked.

> Yes, file an RFE.

will do.

> No.  It just uses the "first" AR Account.  The original theory was
> that you would only NEED one AR account (or maybe a handful), because
> all the reports will give you per-customer information.  The only
> reason I could fathom for needing multiple AR accounts is for multiple
> locations.  For example, you own multiple properties and need to keep
> track of the receivables separately.  However unless you're a huge
> real-estate mogul, there is no real reason to have many AR accounts.
>
> Frankly, my opinion is that if you are trying to have an AR account
> per customer then you're using the program incorrectly.

I don't see the need for more than one AR account, but it's what my
accountant gave me to start with:

Accounts Receivable
Contracts Receivable
Other Receivable
Allowance for Doubtful accounts

I don't see the point of the distinction of the first three. I have
seperate Income accounts if I want to know where my money comes from. As
I get a better understanding of this I'll probably delete some of the
unused accounts.

--
Chris Bare
chris at ariescomputing.com