GnuCash 1.8.0-1.RH8.0 refused to enter transaction

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 5 11:09:00 CST 2003

Roland Roberts <roland at astrofoto.org> writes:

>     Derek> You've got scheduled transactions, right?  This usually
>     Derek> occurs because of a bug in how SX's store themselves
>     Derek> internally.
>
> Yes, about a dozen I think.

Right -- this is a known bug...  #93361

>     >> Warning: PrintAmountInternal: Bad numeric.
>     Derek> [snip]
>
>     Derek> I still don't understand this.  Can you 'grep' your XML
>     Derek> file for anything that says "/0"?
>
> Oo-oo!  Lots of hits on this, all look like:
>
>       <split:quantity>-1/0</split:quantity>

Yep, this is what I expected.  Can you file a critical bug on this?
Supply this XML, and also explain in gory detail how you created the
SXes that are causing this problem.  A complete step-by-step,
entry-by-entry, word-by-word, mouseclick-by-mouseclick recipe would be
extremely useful.

I assume that each of these -1/0 splits is tied to an instantiated SX?