Still no postgresql backend

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 8 15:11:41 CST 2003

Chris is not building the Postgres Backend for distribution
on the GnuCash site because the current (1.8) PG Backend is
not full-featured.  If you're not extremely careful you can
lose a lot of data or crash the application, especially
if you use Scheduled Transactions or any of the Business features.

So, Chris is waiting for the re-write to be finished before
actually distributing a pre-built PG Backend.

His opinion seems to be "damned if you do, damned if you don't"....
So he's playing it safe to keep user's data intact.

-derek