memorization auto-fill quesion

John Reynolds gnucash at reynj.fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 8 17:17:47 CST 2003

On Saturday 08 March 2003 01:06 pm, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> I'm using debian testing, so gnucash 1.6.6. I've noticed two oddities
> that have crept up recently and I'm wondering how to get around them,
> if possible.
>
> 1. In my checking register (only), the check number auto-fill (when I
> hit "+" to ask for the next check number in sequence) is stuck at
> check #2536, even though I'm currently at check #2593. Check #2536 was
> entered for 26 Nov 2002. So I just write the check number by hand, but
> I miss the correct auto-fill.

This has been corrected in the 1.8.x version. I had this same problem.
TIP: after entering the first, correct, check number the "+" should increment
correctly... until you close the register window.
I would just focus on upgrading to 1.8.x, it may seem challanging, but people
here will help if you need it.

> 2. In one other bank account, for some reason auto-fill of details has
> started filling in the previous transaction's details rather than the
> previous like the one I'm entering. So if (picking a fake example with
> recognizable names) my last transaction at Ikea was for $6.50 but the
> last entered transaction was at McDonald's for $4, and I now enter
> "Ikea" and hit tab, it auto-fills with an account of "food" and $4
> (the McDonalds data, rather than the older Ikea data).

I never noticed this when I was using 1.6.6 , but again I would just upgrade
and that should fix the problem.

> All other accounts seem to be working fine. (Thanks, guys!)
>
> Any idea what might be going on or what I might do to fix these
> things?

1.8.x has a bunch of bug fixes, so again... upgrade.

John