Zero balance accounts

Chris Brown yogi1975 at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 11 20:55:42 CST 2003

The way I got around this problem is to create a subgrouping for my
closed accounts, and just not expanding the subgrouping.

+Bank Accounts
        -Checking account
        -Savings account
        +Closed bank accounts
                -Closed checking account
                -Closed savings account

This way they are out of the way, but still accessible.  Also this takes
them out of most reports, because the report default is to show two
levels deep.  Leaving just the one line of "Closed bank accounts
 $0.00", on the report instead of 6 or 7 lines of closed accounts with 0
balances. This is just a workaround, but it should help you until a more
permanent solution is found.