QIF import problem

BenoitGrégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Sat Mar 15 01:33:00 CST 2003

On March 14, 2003 08:21 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've responded back to the list (although your personal response was
> fine considering the contents).
>
> Your QIF file begins with:
>
>         !Type:Cat
>
> This is perfectly valid, which is why the importer doesn't complain.
> However, later in the file it has:
>
>         !Type:Banque
>
> This is NOT valid QIF and the importer doesn't know how to cope with
> that.  The importer is looking for "!Type:Bank", but doesn't know
> about "Banque".  You've also got:
>
>         !Type:Mémorisé
>
> I have no clue what this type is.
>
> So, I would suggest you change "Banque" to "Bank" and try again.
> I'm not sure what to suggest you change "Mémorisé" to....

You must change it to:

!Type:Memorized (according to spec, that's a scheduled transaction list, I
doubt the QIF importer will maintain the schedule, but you shouldn't loose
any past transactions)

Take a look at
http://www.gnucash.org/lxr/gnucash/source/src/import-export/qif-import/file-format.txt
For a complete spec.  I've had this problem also.  Why Intuit tought it was a
good idea to translate the QIF markers, not just the category names for
localized versions of Quicken is beyond me...

Ça devrait marcher ensuite...
--
Benoit Grégoire
http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/