Getting started with GnuCash - business and personal

Eli eli at pflash.com
Wed Mar 12 20:43:39 CST 2003

All,

I used GnuCash 1.6.x for my personal finances, so I'm somewhat familiar with
it.  However, I'm running into some difficulties.  Why?  Well, I've gotten
married, and need to help my wife track her business finances.  (Gotta keep
life interesting. :) )

Right now, I'm experimenting with GnuCash to see if I can get things set up in
a reasonable way before I go to the effort of entering/importing real data.

I downloaded the 1.8.2 rpm from gnucash.org.  I'm running on RH8.0.

So, I used the wizard to create an initial set of accounts, and I added a
customer, 'Joe Schmo'.  Then, Reports -> Business Reports -> Customer Reports
And I get a report that says: "No Valid Company Selected"

First question:  How do I select a company?
(Help isn't working, but I can't find anything to answer that question on the
gnucash.org site either. :/ )

TIA,

Eli