Scheduled Transactions

Billy Marshall wmarshall2 at nc.rr.com
Sun Mar 16 21:23:44 CST 2003

Has anyone seen the following behavior when using the Scheduled
Transactions editor:

Enter Name --> OK
Enter Recurrence Frequency -->OK
Options --> None
End Date --> OK
Template Transaction
Number --> Blank  tab to
Description --> Entered OK tab to
New Line Action --> Blank  tab to
Memo --> Entered OK  tab to
Account --> Entered Asset Account OK  tab to
Credit Formula --> Entered $500  tab to
Next Line Action -->  Blank  tab to
Memo --> Entered OK tab to
Account -->  a strange, long string is automatically populated in this
box.  I enter an existing Expense Account and tab to
Debit Formula -->  Enter $500 (to balance)  hit Enter

The $500 in the Debit Formula disappears, and 3 new Register lines
appear beneath this one.  It appears there is no way to have it accept
the Scheduled Transaction.  If I hit OK, it complains the transaction is
unbalanced. What am I doing wrong?

I am running 1.8.2 on RHL 7.3.