OFX or QFX

Bill Wohler wohler at newt.com
Tue Mar 18 22:06:37 CST 2003

Benoit Grégoire <bock at step.polymtl.ca> writes:

> On March 19, 2003 12:35 am, Glenn Johnson wrote:
>> I just signed up for my bank's online banking service.  I have the
>> option of downloading an OFX file or a QFX file.  The OFX option is
>> listed as being for MS Money while the QFX option is listed as being for
>> Intuit Quicken.  Which would be the better option for GnuCash (version
>> 1.8.1)?
>
> It shouldn't matter much as far as you are concerned.

  Really? Although it was quite some time ago, as I recall in Quicken,
  the OFX files imported much more easily, with no repeats. Is the
  interface for QFX and OFX files the same and does Gnucash make up for
  the deficiencies of QFX files?

  I guess once I get OFX working, I'll know what you're talking about
  eh? ;-)

--
Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD