OFX question

plussier at mindspring.com plussier at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 19 12:35:19 CST 2003

In a message dated: 19 Mar 2003 12:26:56 EST
Derek Atkins said:

>plussier at mindspring.com writes:
>
>> Currently, from my bank, I need to download 2 QIF files; one for
>> checking, and one for savings.  Online transfers between the 2 result
>> in duplicate entries being made into Gnucash.  Would you expect any
>> given bank to:
>
>Do you load both QIF files together, or do you import one, complete
>the import, and then import the other?

I do the former.  The problem is in the checking QIF the txn has the
payee field listed as:

	Transfer to Savings

And the savings QIF txn has:

	Transfer from Checking

And the txn numbers are linked to the accounts, so they're different!

>Well, some Quicken users want this feature.  That doesn't mean you have
>to use it ;)

Quite true :)

Thanks again!
--