Remove Bill/Vendor

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 25 09:24:07 CST 2003

Patrick Van der Veken <Patrick.VanderVeken at pandora.be> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> Thanks for the tip. This works fine. I hope  a proper removal function will
> appear in the future version of GnuCash.

Unlikely it will appear anytime soon.  In general "real accounting systems"
are write-once systems and don't let you remove any data.  They do this
for auditing purposes.

If you remove a customer, that means you have to go find all jobs and
invoices for that customer and remove those, too...  And then you need
to go find all transactions tied to those and remove THOSE as well.
It's just a mess, and frankly I don't want to think about it.  It's
not a simple "just remove this object" process.

-derek