gnucash 1.8.2. build fails

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 26 12:34:44 CST 2003

Robert,

Robert Belanger <Robert.Belanger at Sun.COM> writes:

> If someone could point out where I have screwed up, I will be forever
> grateful...
>
> I get the following..

Are you building this on Solaris or some other OS?

> Looking into the makefile I find that the -rpath flag is followed by
> $(checklibdir)
>
> which was defined as
>
> checklibdir = ${PWD}
>
> so how come it doesn't show up ?????

Well, what is ${PWD} set as?  I have a feeling that this is a
GnuMake'ism...  Are you using GnuMake?  If not, well -- GnuCash
unfortunately depends on it in a number of ways...

> then further down I get...
>
> 1.0 -g -O2 -Wall -Wunused -Werror -c dialog-sxsincelast.c  -fPIC -o
> .libs/dialog-sxsincelast.o
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> dialog-sxsincelast.c: In function `gnc_ui_sxsincelast_guile_wrapper':
> dialog-sxsincelast.c:385: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `ngettext'
> dialog-sxsincelast.c:390: warning: passing arg 1 of `gnc_info_dialog'
> makes pointer from integer without a cast
> make[4]: *** [dialog-sxsincelast.lo] Error 1
>
> someplace ngettext is defined, but I'll be damned if <I> can find
> it...

This REALLY seems to imply you're building on Solaris.  One thing I
had to do during configure on Solaris (due to the way libintl was
built) was:

        env CPPFLAGS=-D_nl_domain_bindings=_nl_domain_bindings__ ./configure ...

This worked for me, but YMMV.