Remove Bill/Vendor

Dale Alspach alspach at math.okstate.edu
Wed Mar 26 12:01:13 CST 2003

I am a little surprised at what I seem to be hearing about the xml file.
In looking at the xml file in the 1.6.x series, the only dependency that I
saw was a lookup dependency, e.g., 12345678 -> mybank. All totals,
subtotals etc. were regenerated from the individual transaction records.
Thus one could actually delete entire transactions or groups of
transactions by shutting down
gnucash, manually deleting the transactions from the xml (being careful to
get the whole transaction between the start and end tags) and restart
gnucash.

Has this changed?

I can imagine that there are some additional dependencies in the business
part so that bills could be marked paid, for example, or invoices with
multiple entries flagged and when only some items have been paid by the customer.

Dale Alspach