Using my own F::Q module

Henrik Ahlgren pablo+gnucash at iki.fi
Fri Mar 28 10:12:47 CST 2003

I have written a Finance::Quote::HEX module to fetch quotes
from the Helsinki Stock Exchange in Finland.

However it seems that it is not possible to use custom made
Finance::Quote modules in Gnucash without modifying the C
source. Gnucash uses the finance-quote-check script to check wheter
Finance::Quote is working but it ignores it's output and uses a
hard-coded list in app-utils/gnc-ui-util.c to provide the list of
available quote sources to the user. (Am I right?)

Is there any way to override this list without patching the C source
and recompiling Gnucash? If not, please consider changing Gnucash so
that new price sources could be added more easily.