Remove Bill/Vendor

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 29 17:44:33 CST 2003

linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 06:40:36PM -0500, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> > > so that at beginEdit() I could say "remember thyself", and then
> > > at commitEdit() be able to simply say "save thyself to the audit trail".
> >
> > You could do it in C++ or Java.  In fact a lot of code would probably
> > be a lot easier if we used C++..
>

> Maybe in java, but last time I coded in C++ there was no concept
> of metaobjects or object factories or any kind of dynamic object anything.
> There's no 'save thyself' function in C++

You can certainly build factories in C++; it's all a question of
programming.  And C++ _DOES_ have dynamic object stuff.  I know, I've
used it.

> > I dont think gobjects would help here.
>
> Well, with gobjects, one can implement a 'save thyself' function.

One could just as easily implement a "save thyself" in C++.

> > Maybe.  I'd rather see some of the core functionality completed (like
> > getting lots finished, and getting stock accounts to work right).
>
> I'm thinkinf of working on fifo's, needed for lots.  I'm plannin on implementing
> one, a simple one, in C.   Long term, the reports need a variety of these
> and done in scheme.  Any comments?

First I think we need the GUI support to attach a split to a Lot, or
to view an account in lot-mode...

FTR, I do have some fifo's implemented already -- just not
generically.  Feel free to grab the code out of
business/business-core/gncInvoice.c's PostInvoice and ApplyPayment
functions.