Adding new shares of stocks

Matt matt at kettlewell.net
Sun Mar 30 21:45:06 CST 2003

Derek,

That is what I thought was the intended method of entry, unfortunatly
that is not what gets calculated.

When I enter 50 for shares, and $10 for price, I expect a buy to be
filled in of $500.

However, what really is happening is that a calculation appears to be
happening under the hood, that overwrites my inputs and says that I
bought 500 shares for $, for a total price of $500.

It appears that my shares and price are getting multiplied and placed in
the shares column, and the price is getting set to $1.

I guess what I really need to know is if anyone else can duplicate this
bizzare behavior, and should I write up a bug report for it.  I didn't
see one had already been written for it, that is why I came to this
forum 1st.

Thanks

Matt