transfer from incoming

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat May 10 10:34:42 CDT 2003

Joerg Sommer <joerg at alea.gnuu.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> while the german mailinglist is down, I'll ask you about my problems.
>
> I will transfer 100 Euro from my incoming account to my bank, because I
> must pay some of my incoming back. So the account at the end of the year
> should show me the real amount, I've got. But if I enter a transfer in
> the general ledger with 100 funds in bank funds out incoming, I get a
> transfer that is added in bank _and_ incoming. The amount isn't deducted
> from the incoming account it is added. What's wrong?

I have no idea what an "Incoming" account is...  What account-type
is it?  Do you mean an "Income" account?  If so, income accounts
are "magic" -- they start at zero and as you "pull" income out of
them the value of the account increases.  This means both your bank
and income accounts will increase together.

> Can I use the Geldkarte (the chip on the ec-card) with gnucash? IMHO,
> there are the last 5 transfers are saved on it. So it would be nice, if I
> can insert these transfers into gnucash directly from the Geldkarte.

This I don't know -- hopefully some german can answer ;)

> I've created a new account. Can I give it a new position in the tree? How
> can I move it to another position?

In the account tree, click on the account you want to move, and then
click the "edit" button.  Now you can re-assign it to whatever parent
you want to move it anywhere in the tree.

If what you want is to re-order the accounts, you can re-order based
on the Account Code.  However, I believe that reordering on account
code wont take effect until you restart gnucash....