update account value based on price quotes was Re: What to do after quotes for investments are in pricedb and paycheck handling

David dcorking at yahoo.fr
Thu May 1 10:38:46 CDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Steve Rodgers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Two questions:
>
> Once I have requested an price update for all of my investments, and the new
> prices are in the price editor (pricedb) is there a way in gnugash to
> automatically update the price of all of my investments?

(Click OK ? )
This is odd - you did everything you need to do.

Run a report, look in the right-hand column of the account tree, or in
the top left of the investment account register for Current Value.

They all update based on the latest price for me (with gnucash 1.6.2)

To see it in reports on a day-by-day you probably want to pick the
'nearest in time' as the price source for the report.  Everything else
should be automatic.

David