Can't match OFX transactions with accounts

Bill Wohler wohler at newt.com
Fri May 2 18:21:55 CDT 2003

Benoit Grégoire <bock at step.polymtl.ca> writes:

> Right now the importer only knows about income, whatever the source.
> Frankly, my knowledge of investement terminology, especially in
> english is probably too limited to be able to improve it much further.

Having lived in Germany for four years, I can appreciate the language
issue.

> A sample file containing one or more transactions of each type as well
> as the expected result might help me.

I've just leaving for the weekend. I'll try to cobble together a small
but representative file for you early next week. In addition, I'll try
to make some sense of the output of ofxdump and offer suggestions on how
each transaction should be filed.

--
Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD