Multiple problems with GnuCash 1.8.1 with RedHat 9.

Eric Hagen ehagen1 at hawaii.rr.com
Sun May 11 14:43:30 CDT 2003

First of all I would like to thank all of the contributers to gnucash, I
find it to be a very nice product and I do like it very much.

I used to have the stock and mutual fund stock quoting working without
any problems in the previous versions, however now it will not retrieve
the quotes. When I run it manually I receive the following output.

/usr/bin/gnucash --add-price-quotes /home/me/myaccounts/accounts

gnucash: [W] "No accounts marked for quote retrieval."

When I attempt to modify the the accounts, the entire price quote source
section is grayed out and can not be modified, even though it does show
the old information such as "Get Online Quotes" from Yahoo and use local
time.

If I try to build a new account, it is also grayed out and can not be
set.

I attempted to download the latest version 1.8.2, and it fails on the
configure for guile, I bypass that in the configure and then it fails on
g-wrap, etc.

I could download the latest of all of these and install under
/usr/local/bin, but that in the long run would be harder to manage with
the current rpm's installed.

Has anyone seen these problems before and found a fix for them?

Thank you very much,

Eric Hagen

--
Eric Hagen <ehagen1 at hawaii.rr.com>