Scheduled transactions and different currencies

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue May 13 10:32:02 CDT 2003

Markus Lindholm <markus.lindholm at cinnober.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> Should scheduled transactions work if it involves two accounts of
> different currency? My observation is that it doesn't.

It's a known deficiency that this does not work.

> While I'm writing: is there a way to automatically get the official
> exchange rates from ECB into Gnucash?

I don't know what "ECB" is, but GnuCash uses Finance::Quote and Yahoo
Quotes for currency conversions, and should do this automatically[*]
when you assign non-standard currencies to your accounts.

[*] You still need to manually run the get-quotes function either on
the command-line or through the price editor.  By "automatic" I mean
that it should automatically know to obtain the currency quotes and
where to get them.