Year End Dates

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue May 13 10:38:36 CDT 2003

Hi,

James Leone <linuxcpa at netscape.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Pardon me if this has been brought up before.  I have a need to have
> the ability to set the year end date for one of my gnucash files. I am
> using 1.8.2. Any suggestions?
> The reason that it is important is because Net Income is not properly
> reflected on the balance sheet.

Unfortunately GnuCash does not (yet) support accounting periods.  In
some reports you can set a beginning or an ending date (and sometimes
both ;)

If you need to end a period, you can File -> Export your account tree
into a new file and then start a new data file (with new opening
balances).  But this is a long, tedious, manual process to
re-initialize all your asset and liability accounts at the end of
every period.

Question: in what way is Net Income not properly reflected on tha
Balance Sheet?

> Now, having said that, and tat I am new here, I just want to _thank_
> the people that work on this project, it is a very good software suite.

You're welcome :)