Import from Money

Daniel Mazzucco mazzuccod at yahoo.com.ar
Fri May 16 13:25:14 CDT 2003

Hello,

I am trying to change Windows for Linux, but I have some problems:
1) Importing QIF archives from money;
2) connecting my sm56 winmodem
3) make playable DOOM for my wife's games.

By now, I hope you can help me with number 1.
The problem is the following:
         - In Windows, I export every Money account in "Non estrict QIF" or
"Estrict QIF" format (the result is the same)
         - In Linux, I open Gnucash and open QIF Importer
         - I select all the exported accounts from Money, so, I do about 10
or 11 selections, one for each accout.
         - I press "Next", so QIF importer tells me that I'll have to
connect old money accounts with new gnucash accounts.
         - I press "Next" and... nothing appears!
         - I continue pressing "Next" for the following steps, and again
nothig appears.
         - Finally, I have a pretty new blank file!

Am I doing something wrong? Can someone help me?

By the way, in Money I use principally "cash account" and for every payment
I put the supplier or the client, but in Gnucash's cash account I can't
find the field. Does exist in Gnucash this field?

Thank you for your help.
Daniel.