Business user guide

herman herman at aerospacesoftware.com
Mon May 19 10:46:37 CDT 2003

Laurent Duperval wrote:

>On 18 May, herman wrote:
>

>>Hi everybody,
>>
>>I have been fighting the good battle with GNU Cash for a while now and
>>posted a Business User's Guide at http://www.AerospaceSoftware.com in
>>the Linux Howto's area.
>>
>>Any comments would be appreciated.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>

>Well, I'm  not a small business yet but I'm working on it. Your guide
>will probably be very helpful to me, thanks!

>P.S. Is Intuit really going to allow us to do taxes with Wine? That
>would be excellent because this is the only reason I still boot Windows.

Intuit announced that they got so many complaints about the locking
system that they will not use it anymore.  I don't know whether they had
wine on GNU/Linux in mind, but removal of the locking system will
probably allow it to run on wine, same as Quickbooks, since they
presumably use the same tool kits to develop both products.