gnucash-hbci: Online transaction fails

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue May 20 11:26:37 CDT 2003

Dear Joerg,

Joerg Sommer schrieb:
> if I issue an online transaction the hbci log shows:
> Ausgeführt.; Code 20, replyTo 4
> Nicht erwartet.; Code 9120, replyTo 3, additional 1,3

How often do you get this? Every day and every time you used
gnucash-hbci so far? Or only on a specific day (which could point to a
particular problem of the bank) or only with a specific transaction
(which would point to a problem in openhbci)? Which bank is this? Which
HBCI version are you using (look in the HBCI setup wizard, and on the
page where the accounts are shown click on the button "HBCI version")?

> but gnucash-hbci opens the transcation window at the end as if all goes
> right. Code 9120 is a failure,

Code 9120 is indeed a failure, but not necessarily a failure of the
online transfer order. The transfer order might be the part of the HBCI
message that got the "Ausgeführt, Code 20" (Completed) feedback, so it
*could* be the case that everything went right as intended.

Also, the gnucash-hbci system in Version 1.8.3 now specifically checks
for the result of the transfer *order* (as opposed to the complete HBCI
message including setup and connection closing), and I think in version
1.8.3 I really made sure you only get the "as if all goes right"
behaviour if indeed the transfer order got a positive feedback so that
it was accepted.

> but it seems gnucash-hbci doen't recognize
> it. I found a document with (maybe) all return code with hbci. Hope it
> could help you.
> http://www.hbci.de/download/HBCI220D/HBCI_LadenGeldKarte_Geschaeftsvorfall_v2.2.pdf

Well of course the return codes are described in the HBCI
specifications, and of course we have local copies of all the different
HBCI specs. Again, your "code 9120" message might very well belong to
the connection closing part of the HBCI message, so the transfer order
itself went ok.

> gnucash: Debian 1.8.3-1
> gnucash-hbci: Debian 1.8.2-6

Wait, how is this supposed to work? A gnucash 1.8.3 but with 1.8.2 hbci
module?!? Can you, by any chance, give me a list of files that are
included in the gnucash-hbci package? And what was the build date for
that package?

Christian