RunningGnucash´s data file form a smb share

Stephan Budach budy at stephanbudach.de
Tue May 20 15:42:54 CDT 2003

Hello,

this may be OT, but I am having difficulties running Gnucash´s data file
from a smb share. Specifically, the saving of the modified file to the
smb share fails, but writing to another file is okay.

The error shown indicates that the file is busy, what is very clear to
me, since I am using this filem but shouldn´t it work? The smb share is
an a samba 2.2.7 server on a RH 7.2 box. If I try saving again to the
same file Gnucash segfaults.

I am running Gnucash 1.8.3 on a Mac OS X 10.2.4 and it was installed
using fink.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephan