RunningGnucash´sdata file form a smb share

herman herman at aerospacesoftware.com
Tue May 20 10:44:39 CDT 2003

This is more likely a file permissions problem and not a Samba problem.

Try this:
# chmod 777 filename

and then see if the problem persists.  If the problem goes away, then
check your Samba configuration for the relevant share.

You can also put a tail on the system messages to see what the system
complains about:

# tail -f /var/log/messages

Hope this helps,

Herman