Gnucash for Debian woody available

James A. Treacy treacy at debian.org
Sat Nov 1 10:42:30 CST 2003

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 01:06:28AM -0800, Ken Restivo wrote:

> $ gnucash
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
> ERROR: file: "libgw-wct", message: "libgw-wct.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

[snip]

> this rather crude hack made the problem go away:
> cd /usr/lib
> sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libgw-wct.so.0 /usr/lib/libgw-wct.so
> sudo ln -s libgw-standard.so.0  libgw-standard.so
> sudo ln -s libgw-glib.so.0 libgw-glib.so
>
> but, shouldn't the libgwrapguile1 package installation have created
> these links automatically?

They exist in libgwrapguile-dev. Normally, the development library is
only needed when compiling. Since this is only a backport (and thus low
priority) I most likely won't spend any time tracking down why. Feel
free to look into it if you want. :)

For now, the solution is to apt-get install libgwrapguile-dev. I'll add
something about this in the Readme.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy at debian.org