Newby questions

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Sat Oct 11 11:00:51 CDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 06:20:47PM -1100, Bill Wisse was heard to remark:
> On Friday 10 October 2003 17:30, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> >
> > Hopefully there are some accountants hanging out on these mailing lists
> > that might be willing to answer the occasional question such as this.
>
> First I believe this is not an occasional question. In fact I think this sort
> of questions should dominate this list .
> Not the question " I cannot compile etc etc". I personally find that there are
> to many questions like that.

Well, I'd long hoped gnucash-user would be a list trolled by 'real
accountants', as that would indicate a certain measure of health &
popularity for GnuCash.  (It would be interesting if they were trolling
for business) The 'user' mailing list would be 'users' discusing
'user' issues, and general accounting conversation falls into that
class.

As to the 'i can't compile' questions, the fewer, the better, as
far as I'm concerned.  Its unfortunate that some of the tehcnical
problems are so daunting; there really shouldn't be technical barriers.

--linas