Cheques and Reconciling

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 13 11:40:39 CDT 2003

Use the "cleared/reconciled" flag as it is meant to be.
A delay in processing the check shouldn't affect your
reconciliation at all.  You just continually skip the
check transactions until they are actually cleared.

Basically, when the funds leave your account you mark a
transaction as 'cleared'.  This means that the "cleared balance"
should be accurate to the amount of money you actually have
in the account.  The reconciled balance should match your last
month's statement.  And the "present value" matches how much
you have if everything cleared right now.

-derek