Cheques and Reconciling

Bill Wisse wiswp at niue.nu
Mon Oct 13 13:16:50 CDT 2003

On Monday 13 October 2003 09:37, doug foskey wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 October 2003 12:23 am, Stewart V. Wright wrote:
> > Hi All,

> >Snip>>
> > For some reason the UK is a big fan of cheques.  For example, I must
> > pay my rent by cheque[1].
> >

> All I do, is enter the cheque in my account when it is drawn, then when
> reconciled, the date can be edited to the date the funds were drawn down.

I'm not so sure if this is the right way.
You have paid your invoice ( and wrote a cheque) on a certain date.
If the cheque is cashed three months later and you alter the date as you
suggest, the expense will show up in the current month and not the month it
should apply to.
If you really feel that you should keep track when a cheque is cashed why not
putting a little note in the description?

--
Greetings from

/bill at 169 west , 19 south.

Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are
transmission errors."