Gnucash on Gentoo does not start, compiled from source

Henry Gomersall whg21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 15 15:15:03 CDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 08:36, Bejamin Fay wrote:
> Now when I try to start GnuCash I get:
>
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
> ERROR: file: "libgw-gnc", message: "libwrap.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Have you looked to see if that file exists in /usr/lib? Or the file
libwrap.so.anything? If libwrap.so.0.7.6 exists (for example) put a
symlink to libwrap.so.0.

I assume the package is g-wrap, which is shown as a dependency with
emerge -ep gnucash.

try emerging g-wrap if nothing else works.

hen

--
Henry Gomersall
Trinity College, Cambridge
whg21 at cam.ac.uk
http://www.heng.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Please avoid sending me any WORD or POWERPOINT attachments.