Error during compilation of gnucash 1.8.7/Gnome 2.0

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Oct 19 12:03:14 CDT 2003

Rick Tan <Rick.Tan at Sun.COM> writes:

> Hi,
>
> When i attempted to compile gnucash on my linux system running Gnome
> 2.0, i ran into a problem with configure complaining that it cannot find
> 'gnome-config'.  Someone brought to my attention that gnome-config is
> GNOME 1.4 specific and doesn't exists anymore on GNOME 2.0.  If this is
> the case, what options can I used to compile it under GNOME 2.0?

Gnucash doesn't compiled under gnome 2.0 -- it's a gnome-1.4 application.
There is a gnome-2 port underway, but it is FAR from usable, let alone
complete.

If you want to build a working gnucash, you need to use the gnome-1.4
version, which means you need a working gnome-1.4 environment.