qif import from quicken 2003

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Oct 19 12:22:36 CDT 2003

Hi,

Jörg Becker <joerg at elke-joerg.de> writes:

> I would like to migrate from Quicken 2003 (the german version from
> lexware) to gnucash (1.8.5), but I have some problems with the qif
> import. The qif parser outputs the following error message while
> reading the attached qif file generated by quicken:
>
> qif-parse:parse-acct-type : unhandled account type D... substituting Bank.
> qif-parse:parse-acct-type : unhandled account type
> NVerbindl.... substituting Bank.
>
> Is there anywhere a list with the account types accepted by the
> qif-parser? And/Or has anybody hints for importing quicken exported
> files? This was my way:

The main problem is that somewhere they started to internationalize
the TYPE strings.  Oops.

The types that gnucash accepts are:

        !Type:Bank
        !Type:Port
        !Type:Cash
        !Type:CCard
        !Type:Invst
        !Type:Mutual
        !Type:Oth A
        !Type:Oth L

        !Type:Class
        !Type:Cat
        !Type:Security
        !Account

And a few others.  You can look at the qif-import scheme code for
a full list.