Mutual Funds

Tony Bloomfield tonyb.lx at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 20 11:41:25 CDT 2003

On Sunday 19 October 2003 07:13, David Hampton wrote:
> In the New Commodity dialog, enter the following:
>
> 	Full Name: Jupiter European
> 	Symbol: 1318
> 	Type: Fund
>
> Unfortunately, I can't get quote retrieval to work for this fund.  Not a
> problem with Gnucash, but with the Finance::Quote code gnucash calls to
> do the quote retrieval.  Its a problem with the way F::Q retrieval works
> for Trustnet (screen scraping based on the fund name) and the fact that
> your fund name matches multiple funds.  Based on the url you provided
> above, I can probably fix the F::Q code but I won't have time to look at
> it for six months or so.

I had exactly the same problem with the same fund. I posted a fix on
sourceforge some months back. A few weeks ago, trustnet made a small change
to their format, so I had to modify the code. I'll post the latest version of
trustnet.pm (which works fine for me) to sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&atid=304232&aid=680174&g
roup_id=4232

Cheers,
TonyB