GST/VAT accounts [was 'Re: Newbie various']

Michael Hall ninti at ninti.com
Thu Oct 30 12:54:16 CST 2003

Sorry, didn't realise that "making an acquisition" means the same thing as
"typing in a new transaction". I really am of ignorant of accounting terms and
practices. But committed to learning!

Mick

Quoting Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>:

> Michael Hall <ninti at ninti.com> writes:
>
> > "The downside is that all GST-related transactions have to be entered
> > as "splits". This isn't as bad as it sounds since GnuCash memorises
> > the "GST" part of the split and automatically selects the "GST
> > Credits" account when you are making an acquisition."
> >
> > How does this work, or how is it made to work?
>
> What do you mean?  When you're in the register (not an Invoice or
> Bill) and you are typing in a new transaction, it will try to autofill
> from an existing one.  If it auto-fills, it will copy all the splits
> from the previous instance.  You just need to match the Description
> for autofill to take over.
>
> > Mick
>
> -derek
>
> --

Ninti Systems: Linux Solutions and Support
Michael Hall
Mobile: 0429 095 392
Ph/Fax: 08 8953 1442
Email:  office at ninti dot com