[docs] Credit card chapter updates - Corrections suggested:

doug foskey lemans4 at dodo.com.au
Mon Sep 1 08:03:01 CDT 2003

On Monday 01 September 2003 12:40 am, you wrote:
> doug foskey wrote:
> > Jon,
> > Item 6.2.2 Complete setup
> >
> > Pls change 'money' to 'month'
>
> Oops, thanks.  Fixed now.
>
> >  May I suggest a Hint (ie Finger) be added to set up a periodical payment
> > for the Monthly (or whatever period) Card charge if not downloading the
> > statement from the card company.
>
> I don't understand what you mean.  "periodic payment for the monthly
> card charge if not downloading the statement"?  Are you referring to the
> service charge for using the card?  You want to set up an automatic
> monthly payment?
>
> Hmmm, maybe you mean that we should mention how to deal with the credit
> card service charge.  Yeah, I'll bet that is what you mean.  Right?
>
> But, then what does "downloading the statement" have to do with it?
>
> Thanks Doug for the help, keep up the good work!
> -Jon

Exactly: when a statement is downloaded (ie import QIF) it will include the
card service charge. However if we manually input card expenses, the
recurring costs can be input with a periodical payment. (This can also apply
to expenses that occurr on regular occasions, as a budgetting item, like the
monthly phone account, power, taxes, even though they may vary in cost month
to month.)

regards Doug