Budgeting - Let's decide what we want!

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 09:28:25 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 04:59, Darin Willits wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am pretty much ready to start implementing something based on the
> above ideas.  I will first finish the mock ups of the budgeting druid
> (today or tomorrow) and post them to a web page for comment.  If anyone
> has any serious concerns/comments/questions/critisims I would love to
> hear them.  But I do want to get going on this quickly so that I can get
> something done in the next few weeks.

Everything you've said above sounds great.  I *would* like to see the
capability to create a budget category w/o an associated account. Say,
perhaps, you want to see how your budget looks if you start saving to
purchase a new truck for which you don't have an account yet, or
something like that...

Also, I had envisioned duplicating the current accounts hierarchy to
display a budget category hierarchy.  Opening a budget for X timeframe
displays the Budget Categories tree.  Then opening a category brings up
a dialog where you edit the account relations, goal amount and/or period
amounts, etc.  Not the only way to do it, of course, just a suggestion
and what I thought would be easiest to implement.  I certainly am
interested in seeing what you have, though, and I'm *certain* we'll all
appreciate any working implementation!! ;)

I know I will!
(Thank God someone is actually going to spew forth code on this)
--
Matthew Vanecek